Monday, September 12, 2011

Sesame Glazed Salmon


So if you remember a post from last summer, I had a family of caterpillars who enjoyed eating my cilantro and parsley and somehow they found my new place! I felt so guilty to move them, so I cut what I needed and let them enjoy their parsley in peace.


This is a spin on a previous recipe I posted last summer Here. These noodles are so light their great for a summer day (especially when your air conditioning isn't working!!) The salmon is quick to prepare so you can have dinner in minutes!
Cold Sesame Noodles
1 red bell pepper, diced
2 green onions, sliced
1/2 bunch parsley
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1 head broccoli, cut and blanched
1 lb whole wheat spaghetti (I have also used Somen noodles, and they are excellent too.)


-For the Sauce-
1/2 cup sesame oil
2/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
4 tbsp black vinegar
2 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp samba olek


Cook noodles, rinse and drain. Mix up sauce and save 4 tbsp for salmon. Combine 1/2 of sauce with noodles and veggies and pop in the fridge to cool. Toss remaining sauce with noodles before serving. Top with salmon and enjoy!


Obviously this is a big batch of noodles, but now I have lunch all week! Sometimes I top with grilled steak or shrimp.


Sesame Glazed Salmon
4 oz salmon filet
4 tbsp of sesame vinaigrette 


Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Brush salmon with 2 tbsp of sauce and bake for 8 minutes, brushing with sauce half way through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment